Sunday, November 3, 2013

Willy Wonka Halloween

Last year my Halloween costume was rather lacking, a simply Speed Racer costume where I had simply sewed some details on a polo. This year I wanted to make a proper coat. I decided that Willy Wonka would be fun. It was my first sewing project in nearly 10 years, and because of that I made a ton of mistakes.





My collar did not stand as well as I would have liked due to the shape of the base being a bit off. The lapels were a little shorter than I would have liked as well. The hat wasn't perfect due to an actual top hat costing nearly $100.

Overall I was happy. I also made the vest but it was actually part of a latter project will I will write about later on.

The end result was good, but looking back I spent a lot of time sewing in welt pockets (4 total) which where good, but for a costume I wore for a week not really necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment