Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pre-Halloween sewing machine

This year for Halloween I decided I wanted to actually sewing a real costume. I was talking with my sister in law and she mentioned she wasn't using her sewing machine. I asked to borrow it and was so happy to have a chance to sew again. I am borrowing a Juki. I have never used a Juki before and was pleasantly surprised at ease of use. It is a computer machine with a nice touch screen display.




The only real issue I have is with the button hole attachment. It is useful but since it is a computer sewing the hole, often it will stop short of where the button hole is suppose to end. This isn't all that terrible as I can go back and hand sew any mistakes the machine makes, but it does tend to slow things down.

From what I gather Juki also makes a lot of professional machines. I don't see myself buying one in the future as my sister-in-law implied this machine cost upwards of $3000, but definitely a nice machine.

You can check out juki here

No comments:

Post a Comment